Vijayawada Kanaka Durga Temple
The temple attracts large crowd particularly during special occasions like Dussehra Navaratri, the Hindu month of Margasira Masam and during annual Brahmotsavaalu of the temple.
Related topic: Significance of Dussehra
|Goddess Kanaka Durga Courtesy: Google Images|
Also read: Devi Navaratri celebrations at Kanaka Durga temple
The temple opens for the devotees at 4.00 a.m in the morning and closes at 9.00 p.m in the night. During Dussehra celebrations in Kanaka Durga temple, the Goddess is beautifully dressed in different forms and this adds to the beauty of the ever smiling face of the idol of Goddess Durga.
Travel InformationInformation on various poojas / sevas in the temple.
Poojas / sevasThe temple devasthanam offers various daily sevas, weekly sevas and periodical sevas as well for the devotees to perform in specified timings.
- Sri Chakranavavararchana - daily from 8.30 a.m to 12.30 p.m. Ticket price is Rs.516/- and 5 members are allowed for the pooja
- Lakshakumkumarchana - daily from 8.30 a.m to 12.30 p.m. Ticket price is Rs.1000/- and 5 members are allowed for the pooja.
- Astotharanamarchana - daily from 5.00 a.m to 9 p.m. Ticket cost is Rs.25/- and 3 members are allowed.
- Sahasranamarchana - daily from 5.00 a.m to 9 p.m. Ticket price is Rs.50/- and 3 persons are allowed.
1. Traditional Telugu Brahmin marriage
2. How to perform aksharabhyasam
There are special events / festivals which are conducted annually in the temple which include Devi Navaratrulu during Dussehra festival, Siva Parvati Kalyanam on Mahasivaratri day and Bhavani Deeksha in the Margasira Masam.
How to Reach:By Rail: Vijayawada Railway station is one of the important and biggest junctions in Andhra Pradesh and is on the main line of Chennai-Howrah and Chennai-Delhi route with a number of trains connected to this place from almost all places of the state and country as well.
By Road: Easily reachable by APSRTC buses from almost all corners of the state.
By Air: Gannavaram is the nearest domestic airport and it is a 30-minute flight from Hyderabad International Airport.
There are a number of local transports available in the city to reach the Indrakeeladri Hill.