Through this post of mine, I would like to help out the parents / children who search on net for making a model of desktop using thermocol for their school project.
If you have waste thermocol at home which you get as a packing material, you can use it or else you can purchase a sheet of thermocol from the nearby stationery shop. Here is the step-wise procedure for making the model:
- Take the print out of windows 10 or 7 or any windows screen of your choice.
- Take the print out keyboard and CPU of your choice.
- For taking the print outs, you need to search in Google images and then copy paste the images you choose, in a word document. Resize the images to desired size and then take the print outs.
- Place the print outs of windows screen and keyboard on the thermocol, take the outline and then cut the thermocol on the outline with a knife.
Caution: Primary class children should not be allowed to use scissors, knife and other sharp objects used in making the project, on their own. Parents should be with the children and help them in doing the project.
- Then paste the print outs of windows 10 screen and keyboard on the thermocol cut outs with fevicol and kept these aside / allow these to dry.
- Take an empty card board box of a tonic or toothpaste or any other box. Cut it in the middle to get the desired size for making CPU as shown in the image below.
- Paint with black color on three sides of this box and allow the paint to dry.
- On drying paste the print out of CPU on the unpainted side of this box
- Now take another flat bigger size thermocol for placing the model on it. Paint it in wooden brown color to give the look of a table or paint it in desirable color.
- Stick the desktop, keyboard and CPU on with with fevicol and allow these to dry.
- For making mouse, take any waste plastic thing like a small ping pong ball or any other such thing. Slit it vertically in to two halves.
- Paint one of these halves in black color and stick it on the thermocol as seen in the above picture.
- Take two short damaged electric wires (Be cautious. Do not use the electric wires that are in good condition. Children might unknowingly put the wires in the plug points.)
- Stick one end of the wire to the bottom side of the mouse and the other end on the back side of the desktop, with either fevicol or cello tape.
- Take another wire and stick one end of the wire on the back side of the CPU and the other end on the back side of the desktop.
- Allow the entire set of the model to dry. Ensure that its stuck fast on the brown thermocol table.