Copyrighted Material. Author Reserves All Rights.
Living and non-living things
Questions with long answers
- What is environment?
Ans. Environment means all the things like plants, animals, air, water, soil and hills that are around us. It includes all the living and non-living things around us.
- What are living things?
Ans. Things like plants and animals that have life are called living things. Birds, mango tree, pigeon, cow etc are living things.
- What are non-living things?
Ans. Things that do not have life are called non-living things. E.g. soil, rocks, air, water, hills etc.
- What can living things do?
Ans. Living things can do the following:
- They breathe
- They move
- The eat food and grow
- Reproduce their own kind. Animals give birth to their young ones or lay eggs. Most of the new plants grow from seeds.
- They feel.
- And they age and die.
- What non-living things cannot do?
Ans. Non living things do not breathe, eat and grow, move, feel, reproduce and they do not die because they have no life.
- What are natural things?
Ans. Non-living things that are made by nature (or that occur in nature) are called natural things. E.g. water, air, rocks, stones, hills, mountains etc.
- What are man-made things?
Ans. Non-living things that are made by man are called man-made things. E.g. smartphone, TV, car, bus, toy etc.
Short answer questions
- What do we call the things that have life?
Ans. Living things.
- What are mountains, sand, water and air?
Ans. Natural things.
- Name two things that all the living things can do?
Ans. Eat and breathe.
- Name one thing that non-living things cannot do?
- Name two man-made things?
Ans. Book and pencil.