Undraallu / Kudumulu
Undrallu or kudumulu are prepared on Ganesh Chaturthi day and is offered as naivedyam to Lord Ganesha. This is one of the most important Hindu festivals which is celebrated with much fervor across the country.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp bengal gram
- little cumin seeds (jeera)
- salt to taste
How to prepare
- Wash rice in clean water, spread it on a paper towel and allow it to dry
- Grind it with slight wetness to a coarse powder like sooji in a mixer.
- Heat little ghee in a frying pan and saute jeera.
- After it is done, add 2 cups of water, soaked Bengal gram to it and allow it to boil.
- On boiling add the coarsely ground rice to it and keep stirring to ensure that there is no lump formation
- Now keep it in simmer for few minutes till it becomes soft.
- Once it is cooked, make balls / laddus of it of desired size
- Place these on a cooker plate covered with thin wet cloth and pressure cook it
- Or can also steam cook these in an idli steamer or pressure cooker.
- Enjoy undrallu with Ginger pickle / Allam pachchadi