Pulihora is a popular rice food of South India and is usually prepared during religious as well as social functions and is offered as prasadam to God. It is offered as prasadam / naivedyam to God in most of the South Indian Temples. In fact this rice dish is very easy to prepare and is often carried while travelling as this will not spoil easily.
How to prepare
- Cook rice in pressure cooker, rice good should not be too sticky.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the seasonings.
- On spluttering, add curry leaves, split green chillies and tamarind juice
- Add turmeric powder, mirchi powder and salt to it
- Keep stirring over low flame till the oil is separated from the tamarind juice.
- Remove it from the stove and add cooked rice to this stuff and stir it well.