NCERT Notes: Social Science - Class 7 History Lesson 3 The Delhi Sultans
- In which century Delhi became an important city?
Ans. 12th century
- Which rulers made Delhi the first capital of their kingdom?
Ans. Tomara Rajputs
- To which dynasty did the Tomaras belong?
- Name the important ruler of the Tomara Rajputs?
Ans. Ananga Pala
- During which period Ananga Pala ruled over Delhi?
Ans. 1130 - 1145 CE
- Who defeated the Tomara Rajputs in the middle of the 12th century?
Ans. Chauhans (also referred to as Chahamanas) of Ajmer.
- During which period the Chauhans ruled over Delhi?
Ans. 1165 - 1192 CE
- Who was the important Chauhan ruler?
Ans. Prithviraj Chauhan
- During which period Prithviraj Chauhan ruled over Delhi?
Ans. 1175 - 1192 CE
- Under whom did Delhi become an important commercial centre?
Ans. Tomaras and Chauhans.
- What were the coins minted n Delhi, called?
- Under whom did Delhi transform into a capital that controlled vast areas of subcontinent?
Ans. Delhi Sultanate
- During which period the early Turkish rulers ruled over Delhi?
Ans. 1206 to 1290 CE
- Name the early Turkish rulers.
- Qutbuddin Aybak
- Shamsuddin Iltutmish
- Ghiyasuddin Balban
- During which period Khalji dynasty ruled over Delhi?
Ans. 1290 to 1320 CE
- Name the two rulers of Khalji dynasty.
Ans. Jalaluddin Khalji and Alauddin Khalji
- During which period the Tughlaq dynasty ruled over Delhi?
Ans. 1320 to 1414 CE
- Name the important rulers of the Tughlaq dynasty.
- Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq
- Muhammad Tughlaq
- Firuz Shah Tughlaq
- To which dynasty Khizr Khan belonged?
Ans. Sayyid dynasty
- During which period the Sayyid dynasty ruled over Delhi?
Ans. 1414 - 1451
- During which period Lodhi dynasty ruled over Delhi?
Ans. 1451 to 1526 CE
- Name the ruler of the Lodhi dynasty.
Ans. Bahlul Lodhi
- Which language was administered under Delhi Sultans?