- Sri Krishna is the ____ incarnation of Sri Maha Vishnu.
- As per Hindu calendar on which tithi (date) Sri Krishna was born?
- Sri Krishna was the _____ child of Devaki and Vasudeva.
- Which is the birth place of Sri Krishna?
- In which yug Sri Krishna was born?
(a) Satya yug
(b) Treta yug
(c) Dwapar yug
- At what time of the day Sri Krishna was born?
- Sri Krishna was born to _____.
(a) Yashoda and Nand
(b) Vasudev and Rohini
(c) Devaki and Vasudev
- Who was the maternal uncle of Sri Krishna?
(a) Kans / Kamsa
- Sri Krishna belonged to _____ clan (kula).
(c) Yadu / Yadav
- Which river did Vasudev cross while carrying baby Sri Krishna to Gokul?
- Who are the foster parents of Sri Krishna?
(a) Devaki and Vasudev
(b) Yashoda and Nandraj
(c) Rohini and Vasudev
- Which demoness (Rakshasi) was sent by Kans with poisoned breast to kill infant Krishna?
- Which mountain was lifted by Sri Krishna to protect the people from Indra's fury?
- On which serpent little Krishna danced?
(b) Kaliya / Kalindi
- What do little Krishna and his friends use to steal from the houses of Gokul?
- Hindus celebrate Sri Krishna's birthday as____.
(b) Ratha Yatra
- What is the birth star of Sri Krishna?
- Who was the childhood friend of Sri Krishna?
- Who is the brother of Sri Krishna?
- Who was the guru of Sri Krishna?
- What is the name of Sri Krishna's sister?
- Balarama is believed to be an incarnation of ________.
- What was the name of the calf-demon that came to kill Sri Krishna?
- What did Yasoda see inside baby Krishna's mouth when He ate mud?
(b) Sri Maha Vishnu
- Name the demon who came in the form of a cart to kill Sri Krishna?
- Who believed himself to be Sri Krishna and dressed himself exactly like Sri Krishna?
- Which demon came in the form of an elephant to kill Sri Krishna on entering Mathura?
- Which asura came as a tornado to kill Sri Krishna?
- What is the name of the huge snake asura who came to swallow Sri Krishna?
- What is the name of the monster bird that was killed by Sri Krishna?
- Which famous dance is associated with Sri Krishna and gopas / gopikas?
- What does the word 'Krishna' mean in Sanskrit language?
(c) Black / dark
- Which musical instrument Sri Krishna used to play?
- What is the name of Sri Krishna's conch (sankh)?
- Which of the eight wives of Sri Krishna is believed to be the incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi?
- Whom did Kamsa send to bring Sri Krishna and Balrama to Mathura?
- What is the name of the wrestler whom Sri Krishna killed?
- How many main wives Sri Krishna had?
- What was the name of Sri Krishna's bow?
- As a 'protector' of cows, Sri Krishna was called by the name _______.
- The conversation between Sri Krishna and Arjuna during Mahabharata war is known as ?
(a) Bhagawad Geeta
(b) Virata Parva
- Which name was given to Sri Krishna when he became the charioteer of Arjuna in the Kurukshetra war?
- Sri Krishna adorns the feather of a _______.
- Which name was given to Sri Krishna after he lifted the Govardhana hill?
- Sri Krishna is also called ________ because He holds a flute.
Seemantham is a traditional south Indian way of celebrating baby shower. The same is celebrated in north India as 'godbharai' ('god' means lap in Hindi - 'd' in 'god' is pronounced as 'the' and bharai means 'to fill'). The celebration differs from region to region. Seemantham is also known by the names 'poolu mudupu' (i.e adoring flowers in the hair) and 'gajulu todagadam' (i.e wearing glass bangles) in Telugu. It is celebrated in the 5th or 7th or 9th month of pregnancy. Seemantham is one of the 16 Hindu samskaras known as 'simantonnayana' in Sanskrit. It is a samskara of the embryo / foetus that develops in the pregnant woman's womb. Usually, seemantham is celebrated for the 1st pregnancy only and not for the subsequent conceives. There are certain superstitious believes on celebrating the function. In the olden days, people believed that pregnant women are easily prone to 'dishti' or evil e