It's time to follow the best ways to beat the heat this summer. Everyone wish to have a healthy and glowing skin. Your skin needs extra care and protection in summer. The extremely hot weather and loo affects the skin. You can use some the age-old home made summer face packs to protect your skin from sun burn / sun tan. Following are some of the useful tips on how to take care of your skin this summer
Useful tips for skin care in summer
- Increase your water intake. Drink lots of water as this helps to keep the skin hydrated.
- Eat fresh juicy summer fruits / vegetables like watermelon, cucumber, khabooj (cantaloupe) etc to keep yourself and your skin hydrated.
|Courtesy: Google Images|
- Try to stay indoors and avoid going outdoors in the noon / afternoon when Sun is overhead.
- Stay away from Sun in the peak hours.
- After getting back home in the evening, splash cool water on your face and hands. This helps in removing the dirt and heat from the body. You can use mild commercial face wash or home-made cleanser.
- Try to avoid make-up when you go outdoors in the daytime. If it is unavoidable, you can use mild water-proof make-up.
- Stay away from spray perfumes during summer.
- Eat skin-friendly foods like freshly made fruit / vegetable salads etc.
- Avoid carbonated soft drinks i.e cool drinks.
- Protect the facial skin by wearing hat / using umbrella when you go outdoors in Sun. Also wear sunglasses to protect the delicate under-eyes skin.
- If you are a swimming learner, do remember to rinse your body with running water after a splash in the pool to protect the skin from tanning.
- Avoid using sunscreen lotions, particularly if you are / visit South India.where summer is terrible.
- Avoid exposing yourself to extreme temperature shifts. Do not sit in AC rooms with 16 -18 degrees for hours together. Your skin / body cannot adapt to the outside hot weather once you come out of the room or when the power is off.
- Keep the AC at room temperature only i.e between 23-25, so that you / your skin / your body don't feel uncomfortable on coming out of the AC room.
- Have a good sleep for a healthy skin. Do not sleepless summer nights sitting in front of laptops or TV sets.
- Avoid eating spicy foods like dum biryani etc. Eat healthy, nutritious and balanced food for an overall healthy condition of the skin, body and mind.
- Wear loose and light colored cotton clothes. Avoid tight fitting synthetic wear.
- Go for a early morning walk or late evening walk to stay fit.