Ravva laddu is one of the popular sweets of Andhra Pradesh and is generally prepared as an offering i.e. naivdeyam to the God during various social and religious festivals of Deepavali, Dussehra, Varalakshmi Vratam, Basant Panchami, Ganesh Chaturthi and other such festivals. This sweet item is not only easy to prepare but also healthy and tasty to eat.
- 1 measure sooji / Bombay ravva
- Three-fourth measure sugar (or more as per your taste)
- 1 measure dry coconut powder
- 3-5 tbsp ghee (as per your health consciousness)
- cashew nuts
- raisins / kishmish
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry raisins and cashew nut till brown
- Add sooji and sugar to it and keep stirring over low flame
- Sprinkle little water if necessary
- Keep stirring in simmer till it leaves the sides of the pan
- Once it is done, turn off the flame and after few minutes add coconut powder and mix it well
- Make small laddus or balls on slightly cooling.
- Store these in a dry steel or glass container.
- These will remain good for nearly a week.